what is a squiggle?

According to fifth-grade teacher Mrs. Hill, a squiggle is a beginning point, a small, wiggly line on a page with the potential to become something more--a brilliantly drawn fifth-grade picture!



A beginning point. A silly phrase from my preschooler, my teenager rolling his eyes, or my kindergartner deleting my entire 3rd chapter...



Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Scripture Squiggle: 3 John 1:4

"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth."


I know I feel absolutely wonderful when people tell me how amazing my children are, but it is especially poignant when the praise is spiritually related. I joy when my kids tell me of a challenge they faced at school and that their response to it was to pray. I love when they acknowledge the Lord's hand in their lives.

So do we warm the hearts of our Heavenly Parents when we walk in truth, obeying the Lord's commandments. Yes, He loves when we excel at our jobs, get good grades, and solve difficult problems. But His work and glory is our eternal salvation, so His greatest joy comes when we walk the path He has marked for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment