what is a squiggle?

According to fifth-grade teacher Mrs. Hill, a squiggle is a beginning point, a small, wiggly line on a page with the potential to become something more--a brilliantly drawn fifth-grade picture!



A beginning point. A silly phrase from my preschooler, my teenager rolling his eyes, or my kindergartner deleting my entire 3rd chapter...



Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Scripture Squiggle: Ether 15:34

"Now the last words which are written by Ether are these: Whether the Lord will that I be translated, or that I suffer the will of the Lord in the flesh, it mattereth not, if is so be that I am saved in the kingdom of God. Amen."

This is Moroni speaking. After bidding farewell at the end of his father's record, Moroni decided to abridge the Jaredite record. Moroni was alone at this time, without family or friends, hunted by the Lamanites. How these words of Ether's must of comforted his soul! He knew that he was not the only person who had wandered alone. Did he thrill to know that the Lord was aware of him and had guided him to these words of comfort? This scripture is only one verse, but it yields so much about Moroni, about his feelings and testimony. Study it--what do you find?

No comments:

Post a Comment