what is a squiggle?

According to fifth-grade teacher Mrs. Hill, a squiggle is a beginning point, a small, wiggly line on a page with the potential to become something more--a brilliantly drawn fifth-grade picture!



A beginning point. A silly phrase from my preschooler, my teenager rolling his eyes, or my kindergartner deleting my entire 3rd chapter...



Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Scripture Squiggle: 1 Kings 5:4

"But now the Lord my God hath given me rest on every side, so that there is neither adversary nor evil occurrent."

King David wanted to build a temple to the Lord, but because his reign was fraught with wars and aggression, he was unable to. The Lord called upon Solomon (whose name means "peaceable"), David's son to build His house, and during Solomon's reign, the Lord brought peace to the land.

I love how appropriate this is for the building of the temple. The Lord gave Solomon "rest on every side." I feel that same peace, that "rest on every side," when I visit the temple. For those short hours that I am within the temple walls, all of my adversaries, my trials melt away in the Spirit of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment