what is a squiggle?

According to fifth-grade teacher Mrs. Hill, a squiggle is a beginning point, a small, wiggly line on a page with the potential to become something more--a brilliantly drawn fifth-grade picture!



A beginning point. A silly phrase from my preschooler, my teenager rolling his eyes, or my kindergartner deleting my entire 3rd chapter...



Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Scripture Squiggle: Moroni 7:33

"And Christ hath said: If ye will have faith in me ye shall have power to do whatsoever thing is expedient in me."

This verse is short and simple yet so meaningful. Faith is the key to unlocking the power of God in our lives. The Lord often asks us to do things that seem hard, maybe even impossible, but at the same time, He provides us with the power to accomplish them. I think what I love most about this verse is that Christ doesn't just say that our faith will empower us in the "big" things, but that faith gives us "power to do whatsoever thing" the Lord has asked us to do--whether that thing is a big thing like saving a life, or a small thing like overcoming dreadful shyness to give a talk in church.

No comments:

Post a Comment